Sunday, November 7, 2010

School Days

So I decided to go back to college this past August. I tried to get into Old Dominion University, but I started the process late in the game, and could not get all of my transcripts there in time. Not to be defeated, I was able to enroll in Tidewater Community College, and get started in classes.

I decided to take Biology 101 with a lab and Philosophy 101. I thought to myself...Philosophy...how hard can that be...I should be able to ace that class.

Was I about to be surprised!! Philosophy is HARD!! It s kicking my butt!! I read the textbook, and listen to the recorded lecture done by my professor, but when I go to take my weekly online quiz I do horribly. I really think it is because the questions are in the double negative alot, and they confuse me. I understand the concepts, and sort of enjoy the class, but those quizzes do me in every week. I will be stoked if I get a "C" in the class. It will bring down my GPA, but at least I won't have to pay an money back to the VA.

Speaking of which I am using my Post 911 G.I. Bill money to go to school. That is an amazing program. I want to thank Senator Jim Webb for working so had to get that passed. I take online classes and the VA pays for my tuition and gives me a monthly stipend. I will get that for 36 months of school. That should be enough to finish my bachelor's degree.

I am doing well in my Biology class and my Biology Lab, but that darn Philosophy class is killing me. No more philosophy for me. I only have a few more weeks and I will be done with it thank goodness.

Next semester I think I will take Anatomy & Physiology, as well as a math class. Hopefully I can transfer to ODU in the fall of 2011, to complete my degree. Psychology Major and Women's Studies minor.

No comments: