Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random thoughts

I sit here wondering: was it a good idea to quit working full time?  I am tearful, although I don't know why...  We haven't really had to sacrifice much...we bought the kids new clothes last week (with cash), we still donate to church, we gave almost $100 to Aids Access care to help HIV positive and Aids patients, we even go out to eat 1-2 times per month, and my shameful indulgence of Starbucks has only had to be cut back to twice per month.  We have food in our bellies and a freezer and pantry full to boot.  Our children no longer have to go to day care after school and a parent is home for them every day to help with school work, or just to give a hug and a word of encouragement. Our bank account is okay, the bills are paid, and we even paid off a credit card last month...HURRAY!  So why do I sit here stressing, and tearful????  Is it the stress of change, the worry the phone won't ring for a substitute job, or the feeling that somehow I am not "pulling my weight" in my marital relationship???  Random thoughts....

2 comments:

Me said...

I too wonder if I am pulling my weight from time to time. Justin has always told me that I do so much around the house that I should never feel that way. Taking care of a family and a household are jobs all in themselves. Try to smile...it makes less wrinkles:) I'm sure the kids are enjoying having you home when they get home, even if they don't tell you so. They'll appreciate you being there for them now when they are older...at least that's what I keep telling myself:)

Carol said...

Thanks Jaynelle. It is hard sometimes being the one at home! I have always worked and been a "bread winner". I am having a hard time with that I think....hence all of my part time jobs. LOL You are fabulous for staying home too! Your kids are better for it!